30 October 2013

Scrapping Outback ...

Scrapping Outback has a lovely page by Julie Hill to scraplift as their challenge in October.  I wasn't sure I would find time for this one but managed to sneak an hour for myself last night.  The extra criteria is to use stamps and ribbon.
 
Here is Julie's page ...
 
 
and my own interpretation ...
 
 
I've used stamps in the corners of my page as Julie did and twisted my thin ribbon around the circle.
 
This is my great Grandmother, great Aunt and her daughter (I think that makes her my third cousin but I am never sure of how the cousin lineage works).  I so love vintage photographs - they say so much in such a simple way!

4 comments:

Sandrine Dawes said...

Great take on the challenge, love how you incorporated your ribbon :)Thank you so much for playing along with us at Scrapping Outback!

Jules said...

What a Gorgeous photo I too love vintage photo's and your LO suits it beautifully Love the flowers and the colours you have used.
Thank you for taking part in this months challenge at Scrapping Outback.

The Scrapping Outback team. said...

Beautiful layout - love the simplistic approach to highlight the vintage photo!!
Thankyou so much for taking the time to enter our challenge at Scrapping Outback :)

Denise Price said...

Hi, thanks for your recent comment on my "Pete's Dragon" page. I thought I'd visit your blog in return.

I really like the page design that you've lifted here. That big circle in the background makes such a great impact. And now you've got a really special page for your special heritage photo.