01 January 2010

One Little Word ....

Ali Edwards http://aliedwards.typepad.com/ has for the last couple of years introduced a special segment on her blog called "One Little word". In essence the idea is to choose a word that has the potential to make an impact on your life for the coming year.

As Ali says; "Maybe you want to invite something or maybe you are hoping to subtract something. Maybe your word will be practical or hopeful or creative or fanciful. Maybe you need a big word, something in-your-face that will challenge you everyday. Maybe you need something smaller and quieter that will whisper gentle tidings as you make your way throughout the year".

My word this year is "reduce". I need to not only reduce the personal clutter in my life and that of my family but to simplify the way I go about things, to learn to say "No" when I have too much on my current list of to-do's, to take stock of what is around me and enjoy what is there without the added pressure of feeling I need to perform in a certain way or stressing over things that are beyond my control. There's a great deal of things for me to reduce in 2010.

No comments: