20 April 2010

Beautiful NZ ...








I think I love New Zealand.

I've just had a wonderful 5 day trip to Lake Taupo in the north island to the Autumn Scrapbooking Retreat. It was wonderful. The kiwi ladies were just so nice - they made my friend Tracey and I feel so welcome - they were a very warm and friendly bunch.

The retreat was beautifully organized, the tables looked amazing and the room was huge - there were 130 ladies present but you didn't feel restricted at all. There was plenty of space and the lighting was excellent. The ladies were a very talented group - some of the layouts were amazing. The two ladies on our table were lovely and we got along with them really well (waving profusely and saying Hi).

I did classes with Nic Howard (delightful), Kelly Gorry (very talented), and Rachel Tucker (so sweet). All the classes were excellent but fast paced. The weather was good, the resort was very nice and we also managed to have a couple of hot spa's, check out the sights around Lake Taupo and totally enjoy the 4 hour drive down and back from Auckland. I think we saw more dairy cows than believable. The milk in NZ is extraordinary - Christopher would be in heaven as he loves his milk. All in all a great few days - wish I'd had more time and am saving to do it all over again next year.

No comments: