26 September 2010

Having reservations ...



Day 26 -   Today I realised why I love belonging to my local library.  I have a system - I go onto Amazon and check out what books are coming out soon and then go onto my local library on-line site and reserve those of them of interest to me as soon as they are listed there - most show up as 'on order' some weeks before release date.  9 times out of 10 I'm at the top of the reservation queue and have them in my hot little hands only a matter of days after they hit the store shelves and even with the extremely popular best sellers I am only in the reservation queue for a few weeks.  Today I picked up my copy of Spider Bones by Kathy Reichs, Gone by Mo Hayder and Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich and I feel pretty pleased with myself - over $75 worth of books for $3.90 reservation fees ! - you have got to love local libraries.

No comments: