16 August 2011

80’s August - Day 10

The nominees are:- 

Song A –  Peabo Bryson & Roberta Flack – Tonight I celebrate my love

"Tonight, I Celebrate My Love" is a song recorded as a duet single released in 1983 by Peabo Bryson and Roberta Flack. It became a big hit for both singers, peaking at number sixteen on th Billboard Top 100 and number five on the Hot R&B chart. It also peaked at number two in the UK, becoming the 25th best selling single of 1983 in the UK. It boosted the careers of both stars and brought them both a return to prominence.

Peabo Bryson (born Robert Peapo Bryson on April 13, 1951, given name changed from "Peapo" to Peabo c. 1965) is an American R&B and soul singer-songwriter. He is well known for singing soft-rock ballads (often as a duo with female singers) and his contribution to several Disney animated feature soundtracks.


Roberta Flack (born February 10, 1937) is an American singer, songwriter and musician who is notable for jazz, soul, R&B and folk music. Flack is best known for her Hot 100 #1 singles The first time ever I saw your face, Killing me softly with his song.



Song B –  Tim Finn – Made my day

Brian Timothy "Tim" Finn, OBE (born 25 June 1952) is a New Zealand Pop recording artist. Finn is most known for his music with New Zealand 1970s and 1980s rock group Split Enz, and later for his solo work, a temporary membership in Crowded House and his joint effort with younger brother Neil Finn.



And the winner is ….

Song B –  Tim Finn – Made my day

No comments: