22 August 2011

Crop time with Shimelle ...

I've been busy this week doing a number of challenge layouts for Shimelle's crop last weekend - thank goodness she gave us this week to finish them or I wouldn't have had a chance of getting anything done.  As it stands I have missed a few but I'm well pleased with what I have managed to get done.


Chop Your Paper Layout - Create a project (layout, card, etc) that is embellished with paper rather than embellishments. Take a piece of paper (or two) and chop it up until you have enough to dress up your page!


My layout has been created from one sheet of Scenic Route paper.






Grid it Up challengeCreate a project with a grid as a design element! You can interpret that any way you wish! Get creative!


I've been very boring I know and done the traditional 9 square grid.






Go retro challenge You have to scrapbook a photo from before 2011. No current pictures allowed. If you can, embrace the idea and scrap something a bit retro or something from your childhood, but I totally understand not everyone has pictures like that at the ready. So anything that is not 2011 will be acceptable!


When I think about my bedroom buy in the grim dark ages of my youth I remember the chenelle bedspread, the travel alarm clocks and the bottles of perfume (invariably the Avon variety on my dressing table.






3 is the magic numberCreate a project (layout, card, etc) that includes a group of three in the embellishment. It can be three kinds of flowers like I used, but that’s not a requirement – you could use three squares, three butterflies, three things that are red, three apples, three hedgehogs… whatever group of three takes your fancy!


Terrible picture I  know but this is what happens when you take photos of layouts at night.  I'll try to put up another in the morning if I have time.  Lots of 3's.






Half page challengeCreate a layout that only uses half the page. It can be whatever half you would like, but somewhere around half the page space needs to be breathing room!


Although not strictly a 6x12 or a 12x6 this layout really only uses half a page.






Signature accent challengecreate a page with a product or a technique you love so much you use it relatively often. Maybe it’s become your signature accent! Whatever it might be, put it on show and share it with us!


I love kraft cardstock and using buttons and if I can do this on the one layout I'm a very happy little bunny indeed.




Butterflies and bingo cards  - all you have to do is create something inspired by the video. It can be very similar to the page if you like, or you can take inspiration from any element you like – the colours, the photo placement, any technique – whatever takes your fancy. Then upload your project to your blog or a page gallery like Two Peas or UKScrappers and leave a link to the post (not your blog’s main page) in the box below.


No guesses for what inspired me.








1 comment:

juliej said...

Oh wow you did do well. The timing of this was all wrong for me and all I managed was th ekick off sketch of the week.
Some great LOs Jane - waiting to see your SSQ Eastern Delight