13 January 2012

A Soul Scrapper challenge ...

As memory keepers we look to many places for inspiration and ideas for layouts. Many of us subscribe to scrapbooking or craft magazines, some of us look to blogs and web sites for ideas. One of the things I often look at for layout inspiration is advertisements.

Take this one for example ...



I really liked the clean crisp feel to the design layout and the way one large photo was used to tell the story (or to inspire us to rush off to tropical pastures!). It was easy to transpose this idea to a 12x12 layout and can be done just as easily with paper as I have done it with a computer.

This is the sketch and template I have made of the advertisement. 



And here is my version of the add.  If you would like to play along with me with this challenge pop over to Soul Scrappers for all the relevant information.

No comments: