04 July 2012

Spreading some colour on ARTastic in July ...

I really love the painting we have used as inspiration on ARTastic this month.  It's called Butterflyfish and is my Queensland artist Carla Blackman.  The extra criteria for this month is to submit a bright and vibrant entry - how could you not with this gorgeous ink on silk creation as your inspiration.



I must admit I'm a little biased when it comes to Carla's work as we have one of her silk paintings hanging in the foyer of our home.  We fell in love with her vivid, happy colours when we saw them displayed at a gallery in Kuranda, near Cairns in north Queensland some years ago and came home with one of her artworks.

It never ceases to bring me cheer on dull, listless days.

I do hope you can join us on ARTastic this month and help us brighten up this middle month of winter.

No comments: