27 February 2013

Some XOXO love ...

I thought I might try a new challenge blog this month and in my searching came across True XOXO Scrapbooking.

I've done two of their monthly challenges.

#40 involved a delightful Audrey Hepburn quote ... 

“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.”    ~ Audrey Hepburn

I've actually used this one myself a while back on a layout and this time wanted to do something a little less obvious than pink or girly pages so hunted through my box of yet unscrapped photographs and came up with one of me washing my tiny baby daughter on the second day of her life.  To my husband and I she was a small miracle so what better line to use on this page.




#42  I believe the general principal behind XOXO is to find inspiration from the designers page submissions.    I'll admit I am not sure if you are also meant to follow the same theme of each challenge as this isn't really made clear on the site.  I decided to use a layout by Christa Uttely as the basis for my our page.  I like the design layout she has used.



My page isn't about love (other than my own love I have for my daughter) and doesn't contain a single heart - let's just say that by this stage in February I was completely and utterly "hearted" out.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You got it, jane! There are no rules at XoXo scrapbooking. it's however you're inspired by us - whether it be by challenge, theme or design. no right, no wrong.

Well, except maybe in your case. I just love your delicate style of scrapbooking and using Christa's layout for inspiration worked just perfectly for you!

So we'd love to extend an invitation to you to join us for one month as a guest design team member. Please send me an email at Truexoxoscrapbooking@gmail.com and I'll give ya all the details. You in?

Congrats, love those pages!
xoxo
Lindsey