24 March 2013

About a Boy - hoarders ... that's me ...

Here's a story about two layouts - prompted by the challenges this month on About a Boy ....

I am on a bit of a kick this year to use up some of my current stash - it would be safe to say that I could either a) set up my own store or b) scrap for another 20 years with what I have here at the moment.  Some of it I really need to cull - it's old, it isn't nice and I guess the reason it is still sitting here unused is because it's old and it isn't nice lol.  A lot of it, however, may not be current but is nice and I really need to use it.  So I've set my goal of not buying anymore scrapbooking product (other than adhesive) until I get this massive pile of "stuff" under control - it could take me years !!!

I do have a lot of kits I've picked up over hte years either by subscription, for classes or at retreats.  Usually I have used most the pack but have remnants left over - strips of paper, odd embellishments and journaling tags.  Too good to throw away right?  So they sit here and sit here, sometimes for years.

This layout was created from the very tail end of a kit that contained mostly papers from October Afternoon The Boyfriend line.  There were just a few strips of patterned paper and a couple of journaling cards left.  I've added a yellow cardstock sheet for the background and a couple of buttons.

 
 
 

7 comments:

Cindy Keogh said...

Really cute layout. Thank you for playing along at About a Boy!

Brenshevia said...

Great page, the pattern papers you used are too cute! Thanks for joining us at AAB!

Devra said...

This is so great! Way to go for working through your stash for a while! Glad you joined us at About a Boy

Melinda Garner said...

Cute layout and picture! Good job with the challenge! Thank you for joining us at AAB!

Kelly said...

oh my goodness how cute!!! Way to go using up your stash and thanks for playing along with us at AAB! :)

Unknown said...

Sweet, sweet layout and picture. It always feels so good using those pieces that we've been holding on to. Thanks for playing with us over at About A Boy.

Anonymous said...

Good job using up your stash with our challenge at AAB! Thanks for taking part! :)