26 February 2014

Scrap the Girls in February ...


Scrap the Girls say "Interpret this prompt however you like!"


Hmmm ok  - to me this is more suited for a boy page.  That sentiment then got me thinking about a lively discussion via podcast I listened to recently about manufacturers of scrapbook products producing "boy" lines and "girl" lines and whether that was typecasting children and whether this is a good or bad thing.

Without getting into the why and why-nots, it occurred to me that there really was no reason why I could not use the same bright, colourful and cheery papers (considered more for boys perhaps) for my girl ... so I did just that.



2 comments:

Leanne said...

Lovely design and interpretation of the prompt! Thanks for joining us at STG!

Amanda said...

AS a mother of 3 girls, I totally agree with your debate about paper ranges! lol! Your layout is a perfect take on our challenge and we thank you for playing!