01 October 2014

ARTastic in October ....

and a big, hearty welcome to yet another new month.

This month we are being inspired by this delightful artwork Under a jacaranda tree (1903) by R Godfrey Rivers.



Criteria is using a vintage photo (more than 30 years old) but if you can't readily find one of these a vintage style layout will be fine.

A little about R Godfrey Rivers ...

and here is my page ...

I was inspired by the gorgeous jacaranda colours in the artwork and have used a lovely photograph of my parents when they were in their 20's.  I just love the fashions of this era and how much pride they took in their appearance when going out.  I think this was a day at the local races.


Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry with the link tool on the blog by 11.55pm on October 31st, 2014.  We'd love to see your new paper, digital, or off the page entries.  Please no back-dated submissions.  I am happy for you to combine with other challenges (maximum of 3) but the essence of the ARTastic inspirational artwork must be clear in your work. Combining with a sketch or colour challenge would be preferred. International submissions are welcome. 

No comments: